SOMI DENTAL GROUP BOCA RATON
Straight teeth are closer then you may think
Are you worried about how you’ll look with metal braces on your teeth? Don’t let the fear of embarrassment stop you from seeking the dental treatment you need. With Invisalign aligners, you can experience similar benefits as those offered by metal braces, but without the clunky appearance.
At Somi Dental Group, we have helped many patients get a beautiful set of teeth with the help of customized Invisalign aligners. We can help you too. Visit our Boca Raton, FL facility for treatment.
How do Invisalign aligners help?
Invisalign aligners are a type of clear dental braces that help align misaligned teeth. They are recommended as an alternative option to traditional metal braces and can be used by anyone, including children.
Invisalign aligners help treat the following conditions:
- Gapped teeth – When there is too much gap between teeth, resulting in pockets of open space where food can get stuck.
- Crowded teeth – A condition where your jaw is small and there isn’t sufficient space for your teeth, causing overlapping and crowding of your teeth.
- Underbite – A condition where the lower row of teeth juts outwards, resting in front of your upper row of teeth when you try to close your mouth.
- Overbite – The opposite of an underbite, where the upper row of teeth juts outwards and comes in front of the lower row of the teeth when you close your mouth.
- Crossbite – A condition where certain teeth cross each other in a zig-zag manner. A few of the teeth on the upper row are sitting behind the corresponding teeth on the lower row.
- Open bite – When the upper and lower rows of teeth don’t completely close when you close your mouth, resulting in an open space between both rows of teeth.
How do Invisalign aligners differ from traditional braces?
While both metal braces and clear aligners perform the same function of aligning the teeth, they work in different ways.
Traditional braces consist of metal wires and brackets that are screwed onto your teeth to push your teeth back into position. Invisalign aligners are designed to yield similar results. The difference between the two lies in the amount of pressure that is applied to the teeth.
Traditional braces are a better option for someone who has a very serious case of teeth non-alignment. For example, your teeth are severely protruding and you need to push them back by a large margin, for your teeth to be aligned. In these cases, metal braces offer the pressure necessary for extensive treatment.
Invisalign aligners, on the other hand, don’t use metal wires and brackets. So, the amount of pressure they exert on your teeth is lesser. This makes them perfect for people who have minor dental alignment issues and need only minimum pressure.
With Invisalign aligners, you don’t have to wear conspicuous metal braces. Instead, you can wear these clear, transparent aligners and treat your teeth without worrying about how you look. Additionally, Invisalign aligners are much more comfortable than traditional braces, making them a better choice if you need to use them every day.
Instances when Invisalign aligners work best
- You are extremely conscious about your appearance and need inconspicuous braces.
- You are very socially active and don’t want people to see your dental braces.
- You have been advised to wear braces for a long period and want discrete options for daily use.
- You want dental braces that can be easily removed and cleaned whenever you want.
- You have very sensitive teeth and you want a less painful option.
- You are actively involved in sports and need to wear braces that don’t get damaged or hurt you while playing.
At our Boca Raton, FL dental clinic, our orthodontists can fit customized Invisalign aligners and help you address your dental alignment condition.
Contact us to schedule an appointment.
The Invisalign aligners fitting process
Invisalign aligners are made using a specially designed, body-safe multi-layer polymer called SmartTrack. This material is very soft and gentle on your teeth, expanding and contracting as your teeth realign. These aligners are customized to fit your teeth specifically. Our orthodontists will take a scan of your teeth and send this scan to reputed Invisalign aligners manufacturers, where your aligners will be printed using 3D printing technology.
It can take between 2 to 4 weeks for your Invisalign aligners to be prepared and sent to our Boca Raton clinic, at that time you need to come in for a fitting. You will need to visit our orthodontists once a week or every two weeks, after receiving your aligners, so we can check your progress.
The number of months you need to wear the Invisalign aligners depends on how much alignment is required. Our professionals will inform you of the duration of your treatment once you come in for your fitting.
Caring for your Invisalign aligners
Proper cleaning of the Invisalign aligners is essential to prevent bacterial build-up. Always rinse your Invisalign aligners with lukewarm water for 5 to10 minutes before you wear them. You can use a brace-cleaning brush and a specialized aligner/denture cleaning solution, to give them a thorough cleaning. You can also mix vinegar with water and soak your aligners in the solution for a half-hour.
When not using your aligners, replace them in their protective casing to prevent any dust build-up.
For more information, contact the Somi Dental Group today. Visit our Boca Raton dental facility for treatment.